Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Idol malaise

Heard this morning in our household:

"You want me to set the tape for American Idol in case we both work late, Sweetie?"

"Nah, that's OK. With Chris Daughtry out, I'm not interested in watching anymore."

"That's funny. I feel the same way."

I think bumping Daughtry may go down in music history with the Decca A&E guy who took a pass on The Beatles because guitar bands were on the way out. I have proven to be not a very good predictor at what the public will go for, so all I'll say is that Idol will have at least two fewer viewers tonight, and I still can't wait for Daughtry's first album. I can't believe we're alone, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings sag just a tad at a time when they should be soaring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comparing Daughtry to the Beatles? Geez!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home